20 rules for 2020
Ah, New Year's Day. It is one of our great traditions. As a new year - and a new decade - dawn, we customarily greet it with a hangover and a list of 'new year, new me' resolutions which will have been largely confined to the forgotten waste paper bin of life before Spring's blossoms bloom.
I'm not big on resolutions. Mostly because I usually forget about them and get irritated by people pointing out that I have done so. But with the Twenties back in our lives, I thought I would offer a few pointers for the year ahead.
Less resolutions and more a set of guidelines and ideals.
1. Don't be a dick
2. Remember, the fact you disagree with someone does not make them evil or stupid
3. Don't share social media links without reading them
4. Keep abreast of current affairs
6. Upgrade your treats - you will enjoy them more and probably need less of them
7. Carry cash
8. Buy Christmas and Birthday presents throughout the year and keep them for the day
9. Run, Dance, Walk
10. Don't waste time on weak coffee, bad wine or boring conversations
11. Visit your High Street
12. Form your own opinions and be willing to defend and adjust them
13. Check the facts you read online
14. Apologise to those you lost touch with but want to stay in touch with
15. Make an effort
16. Use less plastic
17. Don't buy fast fashion
18. Save your money
19. Take a holiday
20. Try something new
Happy New year.